1 General Release Overview
1.1 Jamvee™ UC Service Release 4.7 – Release Date June 4, 2015
This release correlates with the following component versions:
- Jamvee™ UC PC Client Release: v188.8.131.52 (Coming Soon)
- Jamvee™ UC Mac Client Release: v184.108.40.206 (Coming Soon)
- Jamvee™ UC iOS Client Release: v4.1.0
- Core Release: R1.8.12
- Edge Release: R1.8.12
- Synergy Release: v4.X
- Service Management Tools: Portal SW 4.7
- SDP components: CM052
- Documentation: v4.7
2 New Features
2.1 Service Features
- In addition to using static VMR numbers currently available to jamvee customers, users have the option of requesting dynamically generated PINs which are shorter in length. Additionally, only one PIN is required by hosts and guests, making it easier to join conferences. This also enhances security of VMRs because dynamically created PINs have a limited life – they self-destruct within configurable number of hours after the meeting is over. Dynamic PINs become available up to two hours before the conference start time. This time period is not configurable and will be close to a fixed time period of 2 hours.
- Enterprises have the option of purchasing enterprise wide dynamic VMR capability which obviates the need to purchase individual static VMRs and the overhead of managing them.
- Dynamic PINs can be available to subscribers of Single as well as Enterprise VMRs.
- Synchronized use of Outlook and Portal has been introduced in this release. Enterprises can make use of Outlook integration features and schedule all their conferences from Outlook and portal will automatically use the free/busy information from Outlook. Outlook is treated as master for free/busy information. There are limitations and additional hardware and software setup requirements in order to enable this capability for an enterprise.
- Managed services customers are able to sign up for jamvee services which allow them to join conferences from various other types of endpoints in addition to the room systems. NOTE: Dial out capability for such customers is not available yet.
2.2 Jamvee App Improvement: Client UI Improvements
No new features have been introduced in the client.
2.3 Jamvee™ Calendar Plugin for Microsoft® Outlook® messaging software
An updated version of the plugin will be made available in this release.
- Plugin will be available in French language also if the desktop language is set to French.
- It will enable users to schedule conferences from Outlook enabling use of Outlook <-> Portal auto sync feature (NOTE: Significant hardware and software required before this can be enabled for an enterprise)
- It’ll help insert dynamically generated single PIN conference credentials if the enterprise is enabled with appropriate service offers.
2.4 Enhancement to Jamvee Enterprise Portal
- Portal has been enhanced to work in French language in addition to English. Users can select “French” from their account profile and portal will operate in French language, next time they login to the portal.
- New service offers have been added to support the new features.
- Portal is able to generate dynamic PINs which are smaller in length and they disappear within few hours after the conference ends making them much more secure than the current method of static VMR PINs. Dynamic PINs are a single PIN that is used by hosts as well as participants.
- VIP users can be flagged in the portal. VIP users are indicated by a “*” before the name while scheduling a call. Additionally, when searching conferences using time range, a flag to search for VIP users can also be indicated.
2.5 Support for Lotus Notes
The ics files generated by the portal (upon conference creation, modification or cancellation) has been enhanced so that they are treated as meeting invites on Lotus Notes.
Additionally the invites generated by the portal now appear as meeting invites in IBM Lotus Notes which can be accepted or declined.
3 Retired Features
4 Desktop / Portal Integration
Limitation: This feature is limited to users of Microsoft Windows using Microsoft Outlook.
This optional feature is enabled by establishing integration between Conferencing infrastructure and customer’s exchange server. Enterprise needs to provide access rights into the exchange server in order to enable conferencing service to update the free busy information of the exchange server.
Enterprises enabled with this option are able to schedule conferences from their outlook using a plugin provided for Microsoft Outlook on a Windows desktop. The plugin enables communication with conferencing service enabling the user to obtain dynamically generated credentials for setting up a conference as well as utilizing static credentials for a scheduled conference.
Special services can also be requested from Outlook, however, operator launched calls can be scheduled using dynamic credentials only.
If a meeting is scheduled in Outlook, it can be viewed on the portal but modification can only be done from Outlook. Portal considers Outlook as Master source for free/busy information.
If a meeting is scheduled in Portal, updated Free/Busy information for rooms can be viewed from Outlook, however, it is not possible to view information about the meeting.
4.1 Exchange server support
Following exchange servers are expected to work. Versions that were tested are marked as such.
- Office 365 / 2013 / 2013_SP1 (tested)
- Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 (tested)
4.2 Microsoft Windows Desktop Outlook application support
Plugin works with only the following Outlook clients, therefore the Outlook – Portal integration features are only supported on these clients.
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
5 Service offers untangled
Service offers dropdown has various offers listed in one list. They are
- VC – service offers “Standard” and “Platinum”
- UC – service offers such as “Gold”, “bronze”, “platinum”, “Palladium” etc.
- Qualifiers/Modifiers – service offers such as “Managed Conference Services”, multiple “Dynamic” offers
Going into 4.7:
|Current Offer||In 4.7, Offer changes to||Do Not Add||Bridge||Dial In/Dial Out||Launch Options||Notes|
|VC Only||VC+Managed||Dynamic||8710||Y/Y||Self and Operator Launch||VC service is been dynamic already.|
|UC Only||UC+Dynamic||Managed||Acano||Y/N||Self Launch|
|VC+UC||VC+UC+Managed||Dynamic||8710 and Acano||Y/Y for 8710Y/N for Acano (Static ONLY)||Self / Operator (8710 only)||When Operator is selected, “Dynamic” is picked automatically in the portal and 8710 bridge resources are reserved.|
- Marking a Qualifier/Modifier as “default” service offer has no meaning. Neither should be marked as default.
- Only VC or UC offers should be marked “default”.
- If VC and UC offers are assigned to an enterprise, VC must be set as default.
- When VC and UC service offers are assigned, 8710 bridges will be used. Acano call in this case can only be scheduled using Static VMR credentials, for dial in only.
6 Future Features
Following functionality will be delivered in a follow up release(s).
- Call production ability and call monitoring ability hasn’t been completed yet.
- Tools to migrate customers from managed services using 8710 to use jamvee for bridging.
7 Known Limitations
- EWSI does not fully support B2B. If an enterprise without EWSI includes a room from an enterprise with EWSI then there is a problem when updating the conference. Workaround is to cancel the conference and create a new one or move the conference to a completely different time (non-overlapping), but an attempt to update the conference without changing the time will fail.